So in October our miss Charlotte turned one. I know it is January so this post seems a little wonky with the timing but let me tell you a happy, then sad, then happy story. Ready? So I was really happy when I took these pictures of Char because I clearly have a adoration of image record keeping to a clinical level. And also they turned out cute. So…happy. Then I was sad because I couldn’t find the pictures as they became lost in the abyss of my external hard drive. It’s less organized than I would like to admit. BUT then I found them while looking for “pink ruffles” and it is a miracle I found them because “pink ruffles” happens to be a medium I have exhausted over the past four years. Note to self: no more pink ruffled for crap sake. Like I said though…happy!
For our miss Charlotte’s pretty pink 1st birthday I wanted it to be simple (parties around here tend to get bigger and bigger) because a one-year-old happens to be equally interested in sitting in a dish of dog food as they are about a party in their honor. So after this party I let her roll around in piles of dog food. Just kidding.
When throwing this little shindig I also noticed that letters of Charlotte’s name spells “harlot” and “Charl” so framing these pics was VERY important and pretty comical. Just to clarify, Charlotte is not in fact a harlot named charl. Right, clear.
My favorite part of this pretty pink 1st birthday (besides Charlotte’s coy side glances) was obviously the over-sized hot pink letter balloons. Currently they are in my basement and I am trying to figure out a casual way to integrate them into my home decorations. Perhaps I hang them over my fireplace in a subtle “HOT” or “RAT” or “CAROL”. Maybe not.
And my favorite things about Charlotte (because this is her party after all) include:
- She is pretty adamant about telling everyone “no” all day. It’s her universal answer to every proposal, which is a relief considering that some day a ding-a-ling may offer her drugs or Mountain Dew.
- Charlotte is very much a tease. When she’s in the mood she will look away immediately when you make eye contact and then slowly look back at you pretending that she doesn’t notice you staring at her.
- She also is the worst (or best) at hide and seek. If you are hiding, just make sure that Charlotte doesn’t see your hiding spot. She always gives you away. Mercilessly.
- She reads! Just kidding. But she pretends to read and it’s so cute it could solve all of life’s problems. She will open a book and point her chubby finger at the words on the pages pretending to read them all. As a reading addict, I am tickled pink by it.
- She hates outfit changes. Why it is a colossal surprise to her that she can’t wear the same pair of pajamas for 18 years is beyond me.
- Her hair is currently in this sexy mullet phase. Not sure if that is one of my favorite things, but it seemed like something worth noting?
- Clint makes her laugh the easiest. He’s funnier and she knows it.
- Charlotte also laughs at Liam all the time, though I’m not quite sure if she is laughing at him or with him?
The rest of the party deets (that’s slang for “details” all readers over 75…which apparently is 4.6% of my readers, so welcome!):
And in case you were just dying to know all about those pink ruffles I have you covered: Ruffle Garland DIY! (Ahhh yeeeah!)